BLOG - 4 Time Travel to the Past or Future

Hello class, this is our fourth entry. This time, we will write about the past and the future. . Consider the following questions for your post:

 

  • Where would you like to go? Why?
  • What time in the past/future? 
  • Would you like to stay there? Why? Why not?

 

 Instructions:

Write 200 to 220 words (pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary). 
You will also need to write three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine (25 words as a minimum). Try to use all the English that you know and what we have learnt in class. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY. You will have 48 hours to do it.

Do not forget to include some photographs. 

 

 

A journey into the future...


 

I have always dreamt travelling into the future.  It all began with a motion film named "Back to the Future". When I first saw this film I couldn't help wondering how the future would be. I went on and on day-dreaming envisioning new devises for our daily future lives. Spaceships circling over my head and things alike. Also, I imigined myself hailing for a flying taxi or playing at the park with a supersonic skateboard. 

 


 

Later on, those views subtantially changed as I started reading some of Isaac Asimov’s books (Robot dreams, the complete stories and others) Many of my ideas related to the future were shaped around Asimov’s notions. I usually positioned my dreams circa 2025. Thus, I saw humans living in a space-base-like flat breathing artificial air. Ironically, all of that seems extremely awkward today as 2024 is just around the corner and robots haven't over took the earth. 

 

 


Personally speaking, I never consider staying in the future for a long period. I envisioned myself in a sort of “narrator” stage, viewing the future life from a perspective or a distant angle. Never really getting too involved in the things happening around me. So, I love my current life as currently is. Undoubtedly you would say…”but there are too many things going wrong at present”. Nonetheless, I have learnt that life is what we make of it and the future will come as it is: the future.



Comments

  1. Nice post, but If you have to travel to past, Where would you like to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love travelling into the sailing era. Sailing away on a bucaneer ship, probably surfing the Caribbean Sea or discovering a new straight somewhere. I also would love having my own canon gun under the desk engraved with a navy-like name.

      Delete
  2. As you cite 'Back to the Future', Wouldn't you be afraid if you travel to the future and something happens like 'Back to the future part 2'

    ReplyDelete

  3. 2023 has been conquered by robots, like phones and computers, but not as the fantasy movies indicated, not yet.
    I agree with what you say, I wouldn't like to stay in the future either, I prefer to live in the present.
    Pd: good reference movies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel in time sounds very exciting for me, but in difference of you, I like to travel to past and the future, but I like to stay in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your time travel to the future it seems to me very interesting, because there's a lot of technology out there today and a future the technology will continue to increase. So I find your mention of spaceships, flying taxis, and the supersonic skateboard very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its interesting that we think so differently because I don’t feel comfortable knowing about the feature and the robots and their evolution makes me feel so uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG - 5 Changes To My Study Programme

BLOG 2 - The Best Concert/Holiday Ever

BLOG 1 - A Country/Place I Would Like/Love To Visit